Continuing the Tradition
Did one of your parents or grandparents earn a degree from Dixie? If so, you can now attend Dixie State University and the non-resident portion of tuition will be waived ($9,468 per year based on 2017-18 tuition). Follow your parents' or grandparents' footsteps and become a Dixie Alum. We want you here!
- Be admitted to DSU by the posted deadline/s
- Have at least one parent or grandparent who earned a degree or certificate from Dixie
- Freshmen must have an admissions index of 40 with a minimum 2.0 high school unweighted GPA and 16 ACT or 860 NEW SAT (1200 old SAT).
- Enroll at DSU as a first-time student.
- Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Attend Dixie State University St. George Main Campus
- Have intent to graduate from Dixie State University
- Major in a DSU program
- Students with a Bachelors’ degree or excess of 150 credit hours are not eligible for scholarships.
Fall deadline July 15th. Spring Deadline December 15th.
*Note: Awarding of the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver for fall semester will start in January and will continue to be awarded monthly until the deadline.The Alumni Legacy Waiver is renewable for up to 4-years (8 full-time semesters) and requires full-time enrollment of 15 or more credit hours. Time spent in Utah on the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver cannot be counted towards establishing resident student status. If you would like to discuss other options, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver was implemented July 1, 2009 and made possible by the signing of House Bill 364. The addition of grandparents to the waiver was implemented July 1, 2013 and made possible by the signing of Senate Bill 51. Participants in the Legacy program must do the following to remain eligible:
- Complete no less than 15 credit hours per semester. The Legacy Waiver will not pay on more than 20 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 3.2 yearly grade point average
- Have not accepted any other DSU scholarship in the form of tuition waiver or tuition reduction (private cash awards or scholarships are acceptable).