Current / Continuing Student Scholarships
This scholarship opportunity is intended for students who were not initially awarded an academic scholarship at DSU and have no other academic scholarships awarded by Dixie, and cannot exceed full tuition when combined with any other DSU scholarship (including: Alumni, Athletic, or Departmental Scholarships, etc.).
Application Submission Deadline: May 1st
Requirements for Consideration:
- Must be a Utah Resident, paying Utah Resident Tuition
- Must be working toward an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree
- Must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate at DSU (maximum of 150 credit hours earned)
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.30 (including all DSU & all transfer grades)
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 Credit hours (15 of which must be from DSU)
- Must attend Dixie State University St. George Main Campus (distance education courses are ineligible)
- Must have intent to graduate from Dixie State University
- Applicants with a 3.30 to 3.499 cumulative GPA will receive a $1,000 scholarship
- Applicants with a 3.50 to 3.749 cumulative GPA will receive a $1,500 scholarship
- Applicants with a 3.75 to 4.000 cumulative GPA will receive a $2,400 scholarship
- Awards require 12 credit hours of full-time enrollment in an eligible program*
- Awards are determined based on the number of applicants and availability of funds
Who Should Apply
Current/Continuing Student Scholarships are intended for students who were not academically eligible upon admission, or who missed scholarship deadlines. Now, after completing 30 credit hours of higher education credits (15 of which must be earned at DSU) they would like to be re-considered for academic scholarships.
About the Scholarships
Current/Continuing Student Scholarships are awarded for one-year and are based on availability of funds. Some of the funding is state-sponsored; however, many of these scholarships are funded through generous donations from our alumni, individuals, families, memorials, community members, businesses, and numerous organizations that support DSU.
Students May Re-apply Each Year
Students must re-apply each year: Current/Continuing Student Scholarships require students to be full-time at 15 credit hours per semester. GPA’s must remain above 3.30 in order to be eligible to apply for the next academic year.
Earned Credit Hour Limitations:
Earned Credit Hour Limitations: A Student who has completed 150 credit hours, may be approved for one final year of scholarship, however, documentation from an academic advisor is required and is based on availability of funds. Students with more than 180 earned credits or a Bachelors’ Degree are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
Reduced Credit Hour Requirements:
Reduced Credit Hour Requirements: Students who have no other classes to take prior to graduation can submit a Request for Part-time Scholarship Status for their scholarship. They must submit the form to the Scholarship Office prior to the start of school.