Fall deadline May 1st (Priority) July 15th (Final). Spring Deadline November 1st (Priority) December 15th (Final).
To be considered for the Good Neighbor waiver program
- Apply for fall or spring semester as an incoming freshman OR transfer student
- Attend Dixie State University St. George Main Campus
- Have intent to graduate from Dixie State University
- Major in a DSU program
- Be admitted to DSU
- Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Be a high school graduate from a school in Lincoln or Clark County in Nevada, or Mohave or Coconino County in Arizona. (You may be asked to prove your residency.)
- Freshmen must have a minimum admissions index score of 40 (with a minimum 2.0 high school unweighted GPA and 16 ACT or 860 NEW SAT or 1200 old SAT.)
- Transfer students must have a 2.50 or higher transfer GPA
- Students with a Bachelors’ degree or excess of 150 credit hours are not eligible for scholarships.
Program Details:The Good Neighbor Waiver program is an exchange program for undergraduate students. It allows students to pay 150% of resident tuition. Students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit an application to be considered. Why is the Good Neighbor Waiver a good deal? The Utah Legislature recognized the need for students living just over the Utah border, to have an affordable higher education option. In 2013 they revised House Bill 364, to allow DSU to charge a reduced rate (similar to the Western Undergraduate Exchange or WUE program) specific to students in 4 counties in close geographic proximity to St. George Utah. The program is set for a maximum of 8 semesters. Transfer awards will vary depending on the number of transfer credits already accumulated. Notification of awards will begin February 1st for fall and October 1st for spring. Time the student is enrolled in the Good Neighbor Waiver program will NOT count towards requirements for resident status for tuition purposes. Participants in the Good Neighbor Waiver program must do the following to remain eligible:
- Complete no less than 6 credits per semester.
- Maintain a 2.0 semester grade point average.
- Have not accepted any other DSU scholarship in the form of tuition waiver or tuition reduction (private cash awards or scholarships are acceptable).