Utah Resident Transfer
Fall Semester deadline: July 1st
Spring Semester deadline: December 1st
Qualified, first time transfer students who are admitted by the due date will be awarded automatically. No additional application needed.
- Be a Utah Resident, paying Utah Resident Tuition
- Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Be a New, first-time student to Dixie State University
- If you are a Transfer Student that has been admitted to Dixie before, you will need to apply for consideration here.
- Be fully admitted prior to the posted deadlines
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Have completed and submitted transcripts with a minimum of 24 Transfer Credit hours
- Students who transfer with less than 24 transfer credit hours will be awarded based on their high school GPA and ACT or SAT score
- Attend Dixie State University St. George Main Campus (Cannot be used to attend all online.)
- Must have intent to graduate from Dixie State University
- Major in a qualified DSU program
|Transfer I||3.80 to 4.00||Full Base Tuition
(Pays: $4,308 per year based on 2017-18 tuition)
|Transfer II||3.60 to 3.79||¾ Base Tuition
(Pays: $3,231 per year based on 2017-18 tuition)
|Transfer III||3.40 to 3.59||½ Base Tuition
(Pays: $2,154 per year based on 2017-18 tuition)
|Transfer IV||3.0 to 3.39||¼ Base Tuition
(Pays: $1,077 per year based on 2017-18 tuition)
Transfer students who meet the deadline and eligibility requirements, will automatically be considered for scholarship. No additional application is required.
Transfer Student Scholarships are intended for students who have graduated from high school in a previous year and have been currently attending another college or university. Eligible applicants must transfer a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. Students who transfer with less than 24 transfer credit hours will be awarded based on their high school GPA and ACT or SAT score.
Transfer Student Scholarships are awarded for two-years (4 semesters) and require students to be full-time at 15 credit hours per semester. GPA requirements are listed on individual award letters.
Transfer Students who are transferring less than 24 credits will be awarded a Freshman Academic Scholarship based on their High School GPA and ACT or SAT scores. For students who fall under this category, the regular 8 semester scholarship will be reduced by how many semesters you are transferring in to Dixie. (Ex: a student transferring 15 credits will be awarded a freshman scholarship but will only be awarded a 7 semester scholarship as they have already attended a semester elsewhere.)
Transfer Students with a bachelors’ degree are not eligible for scholarships. Transfer students transferring in excess of 150 credit hours are not eligible for scholarships.
Transfer Students are defined as being “New”, first-time students to DSU. Returning students or students taking distance education classes from DSU are not transfer students and are not eligible. High school students taking concurrent enrollment classes are considered entering freshman for scholarship purposes.
Reduced Credit Hour Requirements: Students accepted into allied health programs may find that their cohort requires less than 15 credit hours of enrollment (yet is still considered full-time due to the workload). In such cases, the applicant may request that his/her scholarship requirement be reduced. However, no scholarships will be authorized for payment if enrollment is below 12 credit hours. All such requests must be made to the scholarship office: firstname.lastname@example.org.