Work Study Program
Dixie State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employer.
- Work-study funds are part of a student’s financial aid package and cannot be awarded unless you have submitted a FAFSA and have documented need. You can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Work-study funds are awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
- Because of limited funds, you should apply for financial aid early if you wish to participate in the work-study program.
- A work-study award generally allows you to work 15-20 hours a week. The starting wage is generally $7.50 per hour.
- Work-study occurs during the Fall and Spring Semesters only; there are no positions available during Summer.
The Federal Work-Study Program is authorized and funded by the Federal Government. The Utah Higher Education Student Success Stipend Program is authorized and funded by the Utah State Legislature. Only the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office may award DSU Work-study funds. Eligible students will then receive their work-study award as part of their “total” financial aid award only after they have received a work-study job offer.
You have a Completed FAFSA—What do I do Next?
- Complete the Work Study Application for Employment. Be sure to complete each item, especially a current phone number where you can be reached. Once you submit the application, it will be forwarded to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
- Complete the work-study position request by VIEWING and SELECTING the positions you are interested in applying for. All available positions will be posted by July 1st for that upcoming academic year.
- Once we receive your “Work Study Application” and “Positions Request”, we will forward your application material to the department(s) you have selected for their consideration. You will be contacted by the department’s work-study supervisor to set up an interview appointment.
- A work-study award is not a guaranteed job. The responsibility of locating and obtaining a job is up to you.
- For additional information regarding Work-Study (funding, notification of work awards, necessary information to complete before first day of work; pay periods, etc.), please review The Work-study Employment Handbook.
No new work-study positions will be awarded after February 15th of each year. All additional questions/requests can be directed to the DSU Financial Aid Work-Study Coordinator, Lindsey Watson at (435) 652-7580 or Lindsey.Watson@Dixie.edu.